Dylon Hand Fabric Dye Ocean Blue, £2.75
Discontinued product - no stock left
Dylon Handwash Dye Ocean Blue.
Fabric dye for natural fabrics. Cotton, linen and viscose will dye to the colour indicated on the pack. Silk, linen, wool and polycotton will dye to a lighter shade. Not suitable for polyester, nylon, acrylic or any fabric with a special finish.
One sachet contains 50g dye powder, which is enough for 250g weight of fabric.
1. Weigh dry fabric. Wash thoroughly without fabric conditioner and leave damp.
2. Using rubber gloves, dissolve contents of the sachet in 500ml warm water.
3. Fill a bowl or stainless steel sink with 6 litres warm water.
4. Stir in 250g salt. Add dye and stir well.
5. Submerge fabric in water and stir for 15 minutes.
6, Stir regularly for the next 45 minutes.
7. Rinse fabric in cold water. Wash in warm water and dry away from direct heat and sunlight.
Dylon Hand Dye can be used in a microwave to create special effects. This technique is suitable for cotton, silk, linen and polycotton only.
You will need a bowl which can be used in a microwave (glass or plastic). Note the dye may stain plastic bowls.
DO NOT use a metal container. Remove all metal items from the fabric (zips, buttons). DO NOT use on viscose.
1. Wash the fabric and leave damp.
2. Prepare the fabric by knotting, twisting or folding - tie all fabrics tightly.
3. Wearing rubber gloves, empty the dye carefully into a bowl and gradually add 250ml of hot water. Stir thoroughly to ensure dye is dissolved. Add a further 250ml of water.
4. Place the fabric in the bowl and work into the dye.
5. Put the bowl into a plastic bag or plastic wrap and place in the microwave. Set on high for 4 minutes.
6. Remove the bowl from the oven - remember to protect your hands from the heat.
7. Tip away the dye solution and rinse the fabric in cold water. To protect the pattern do not undo any knots, twists, folds etc., until the water runs clear.
8. Rinse, wash and dry as for the Hand method.
Product Name: Dylon Hand Fabric Dye Ocean Blue
Chaffinch Code: DYLHND26
Price Each: £2.75
This item is discontinued and no longer available.