Dylon Machine Dye Woodland Brown Pack of 3, £14.95
Dylon Machine Dye Woodland Brown.
Pack containing three boxes of dye, which is enough to dye 1.8kg weight of fabric to the colour on the box, or 3.6kg to a lighter shade. 200g dye powder per box, 600g total.
Suitable for use in automatic front loading washing machines, and for natural fabrics only (cotton, viscose, linen). Polycotton will dye to a lighter shade. Synthetic fabrics such as polyester, nylon and acrylic cannot be dyed, including polyester stitches.
Not suitable for silk, wool or 'dry clean only' fabrics.
1. Weigh dry fabric to check that you have sufficient dye.
2. Wash thoroughly (even if new) without fabric conditioner to remove stains or dressings which may not be visible to the eye. Leave damp.
2. Wearing rubber gloves, empty full contents of boxes into dry drum (not soap dispenser).
3. Add 500g of salt, covering area where powder was added. Only 500g of salt is required regardless of the number of boxes of dye.
4. Put in damp, unfolded fabric.
5. Select and run a 40 degree cotton programme (do not use prewash, economy, quick wash or half load cycles)
6. When complete cycle has finished, add your usual washing detergent and run a 40 degree cotton programme.
7. When complete cycle has finished, remove your item from the machine, add your usual washing detergent and run another 40 degree programme with the machine empty to ensure that the machine is clean.
8. Dry fabric away from direct heat and sunlight. Wash separately for the first couple of washes to remove any excess dye.
Dye does not cover patterns, stains, bleach marks or faded areas.
After dyeing, check the rubber door seal for any trapped water, which may contain dye residues. Wipe with a paper towel before running the machine empty to clean.
For front loading automatic washing machines. Do not use in launderette machines, top loaders or twin tubs.
Do not overload the machine - fill to half the machine capacity to ensure dye is evenly distributed.
The original colour will affect the final result. For example, using red dye on a yellow fabric will create an orange result. Colours can be removed before dyeing using Dylon Pre-Dye.
Product Name: Dylon Machine Dye Woodland Brown Pack of 3
Chaffinch Code: ZZZMAC17
Price Each: £14.95
This item is in stock.